Wednesday, July 23, 2008

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

I'm not talking about bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens (You've had an extra pair this whole time?) I'm talking about my favorite youtube clips. We all have those times when we're at work and maybe feeling a little down, but thank god for youtube! Here are a few of the videos that I can watch over and over and will always, ALWAYS brighten my day. Or at least make me look like a fool when I laugh out loud at my desk.

UNNECESSARY CENSORSHIP

Being a Telecommunications major, I cannot tell you how many classes, and hours of my college career were spent talking about not only the FCC and censorship but also regulations dealing with children's programming. So it pleases me when I can see the two come together in such a hilarious way. And I love anything inappropriate.




BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA*

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, this is very much a real trailer for a real movie. I have been following the press for this film very closely and was ecstatic to finally see the trailer for it when I went to see Wall-E the other week. It might be the dancing and signing dogs, it might have been the margarita's I had at dinner just before, but seeing this just make me burst out laughing, even more than seeing Pierce Brosnan sing in Mama-Mia! 50% Worrier, 50% Lover, 100% Chihuahua? This movie is going to be so bad that it'll make those horrid Rob Schneider movies look like Citizen Kane... but I'll probably go see it anyway.


* I had to look up how to spell "Chihuahua" because I had no clue. And have you ever tried to type this word? It is inappropriately difficult.

SHOWBIZ PIZZA BAND PERFOMRS "LOVE IN THIS CLUB"

When I was a kid, I loved going to Showbiz Pizza, that was what it was called before it got bought out by the evilness that is Chucky Cheese. I loved ski ball, whack-a-mole the ball pit, the whole nine yards. But by far the best part about Showbiz Pizza was the animatronic animal robot band that would play for you while you ate pizza and your parents drank beer. It's kind of like a poor man's country bear jamboree. If I ever get rich, I'm talking Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen rich, I will do exactly what this gentleman has done. I will purchase all of the robots, props, and set, and program the band to play my favorite songs in my basement.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my god, that Showbiz Pizza clip is amazing.

Angelene said...

I know the guy who makes the animatronic robots... the factory is in Jacksonville. I can introduce you to him if you like =)